Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUB DRAIN, Can you have the pipes going down and then back up to main drain?

• Tub Drain pipes should not go down and then back up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PVC plumbing pipe layout for draining tub

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cottage House Owner

Reaction score
Hello Plumbers,
See Photos of tub drain pipes going up and down...will I have any issues with water in tub exiting fast?

Also, the plastic blue waterline was nicked during the sawing of the drywall to open the ceiling to move this drain to the correct location for the tub, will this be an issue later, or is this tube thick and it is not an issue? It is not leaking yet, just a scratch from the saw in the blue water line.

I am a homeowner and we hired plumbers to install a footed tub and all new plumbing pipes.
When the plumber went to hook the tub to the drain hole he noticed that the hole to the drain in the wrong location and he moved it 1 1/2 inches, which included sawing open the living room and moving pipes around to line up with the new hole. The new pipes go down and then up before connecting to main water drain, a few wild twists. My concern is will this tub drain correctly, and how will we clear out hair or clogs in the future. I need to know if this is going to work before closing our living room ceiling, or if these pipes need to be redone? Thank you, Cottage House Owner

Attachments

• tub drain 1.jpeg
    tub drain 1.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 19
  • tub drain 2.jpeg
    tub drain 2.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Tub Waterlin saw nic.jpeg
    Tub Waterlin saw nic.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 16
Everything looks good to go and if the plumbers the one who cut open the ceiling and nicked that water line then they should be the one to replace it. Does not matter if it's just a scratch the damage was not there before it needs to be fixed

Yeah you have standard plumbing. That down then back up Is a trap. 1.5” is the size you have. So it should be draining. Go back into bath room. In bottom of tub at the drain. Picture the drain. Maybe we coach you through getting hair from drain piece. Then see how fast it drains.

Latest posts

Back