Installing A Clean Out

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweeter712

Reaction score
My house does not have a sewer clean out. I want to install one. What is the ideal distance to put one between where the line exits the house, and the street, assuming there is an ideal distance. There is one easy location for me to put it. The pipes come out the back of my house, goes about two feet, turns 90 degrees, runs along the back of the house for 25 feet, then turns and runs along the side of my house towards the front yard, and when it gets past the house it turns at a 45 degree angle and runs across the front yard til it is 10 feet shy of the street, then makes another 45 degree turn and goes to the street. The easy place to put the clean out is in the back yard just after the 25 feet run turns and runs along the side of the house. Would that spot work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would do it in two places. One after it leaves the house and another close to the city connection if allowed. Most county’s will not allow you to touch the sidewalk or have a designated location of where to install clean-outs. Call or go onto the city’s website to get an idea to see what is allowed.

The pipes come out the back of my house, goes about two feet, turns 90 degrees, runs along the back of the house for 25 feet, then turns and runs along the side of my house towards the front yard, and when it gets past the house it turns at a 45 degree angle and runs across the front yard til it is 10 feet shy of the street, then makes another 45 degree turn and goes to the street.
7.png

the co i have drawn
the first one will clean out the sewer from the house out
the 2nd will clean out into the house

the third will clean out around the house to the street

Last edited:
For the double clean out that I am putting in, I was told this is the kind of clamp I will need to make the connections to the sewer line. Would this be my best option?

Attachments

• clamp.JPG
    clamp.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 5
  • clamp2.JPG
    clamp2.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 5
I have 2 of the clamps like the one I posted, they are $25 a piece. If that is what I need, great, but if the one from Home Depot will work just as well I will go with that if you guys think it will work.

3005-44 pro flex [homedepot] for above ground only(2 band)
The one you are using is a 4 band and it's rated for below grade.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back