Installation using Sharkpipe U314LF elbows on Hot & cold tank nipples.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarg

Reaction score
I will be replacing my heater soon and need to come off the heater 3/4 pipe nipples with a Sharkbite U314LF elbow push connector. ( I need the elbow because the water tank is on a shelf above the heater )
My original plan was to use the 3/4 pex and the Sharkbite elbow but now have thoughts that the direct heat may degrade the push connect fittings even though they are rated to 200 degrees.

There must be a reason that all the exclusive water heater connections that Sharkbite makes has a 3/4 FIP with rubber washer and a length of flexible pipe that puts the push connector a distance from the direct heat.

Anyone have experience and a opinion ?U314LF.jpg

Just to close the post .................. Decided to eliminate the sharkbite elbow all together and go with an elbow with a pex 3/4 barbed connection.

It is electric and I have read literally dozens of internet posts on the subject. My pressure tank is on a shelf above the heater so I have constraints that don't allow me to use the flexible attachments. I'll be using a swivel elbow with barbed pex ends on the tank 3/4 nipples ... then pex to elbows ... then pex with conversion barbed connectors to the poly-B water lines that come from the floor. ( I have a mobile home )

Latest posts

Back