Install fluidmaster fluid valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nimika

Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to install fluidmaster fill valve in toilet fill tank first time. tightened the plastic nut thread from below tank. I still see few drops dripping from bottom. I have tightened enough with channel lick wrench. Am clueless what else should i do. Manual says no plumber putty ? Would it need one ? Any pointers how should i fix it.

if I tightened further the plastic nut or tank might crack

Does it need some other tool to tighten the plastic nut

appreciate any help

Thanks

Did you push the center out of the big black washer and use the washer on the inside of the tank at the bottom of the fill valve ?

Did you push the center out of the big black washer and use the washer on the inside of the tank at the bottom of the fill valve ?
Probably put the rubber washer on the outside of the tank. I’ve seen that a few times

The rubber washer goes on the inside of the tank. One error I see alot is the beveled rubber washer is installed backwards. the taper must be towards the hole.

There might be a burr or molding defect on the flat plastic mating surface at the bottom of the fill valve, interfering with a good seal.
You can file that off or scrape with a sharp knife or chisel.

Also might be a little bump or raised defect in the china, right around the hole, causing the same problem.
You can CAREFULLY try to chip it off by gently tapping on it at a very flat angle, with a flat screwdriver tapped by a hammer.

Also, the plastic nut on the supply hose might be cracked, or the rubber seal inside it might be pitted, just try replacing the hose.
Get correct hose that matches your shutoff valve, bring the old hose to the store.

Seems the shank rubber washer was bad. I replaced it with the older unit washer and it stopped leaking

Nimika, call up Fluidmaster's phone number and they'll probably send you a new rubber washer for the inlet valve. At some point in the future, you should be prepared to ask for a rubber diaphragm too, as that tends to degrade, preventing the valve from auto-sealing. Keep your receipt.

Did you get the model with the blue cap on top of the valve?

Latest posts

Back