inserting fitting into existing line is this code?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffhazel

Reaction score
I need to insert a fitting into an existing 2" abs line that's fixed on both ends. I was thinking of sliding a fitting halfway to "tight" and slipping it in then sliding halfway back on the other side which seems sketchy not to say "not tight" and then I saw these. are these "code" ? It's going to be buried in a wall.
If not what's the right way to do what I need to do?
FH07MAR_SPLPIP_03-2.jpg

I need to insert a fitting into an existing 2" abs line that's fixed on both ends. I was thinking of sliding a fitting halfway to "tight" and slipping it in then sliding halfway back on the other side which seems sketchy not to say "not tight" and then I saw these. are these "code" ? It's going to be buried in a wall.
If not what's the right way to do what I need to do?
FH07MAR_SPLPIP_03-2.jpg

This NOT the correct way to install that tee
to correctly glue a pvc joint you must twist it after you insert it. assembly shown in this picture does not allow you to correctly glue the pipe together

to install that tee. you would glue one joint and install 2 proflex bands

Don't know about the labeling but I don't think you want the one that has the No. 3001-22 but rather the Fernco / Proflex No. 3000-22. Looks like that 3001-22 is a transition coupling. ???????

Don't know about the labeling but I don't think you want the one that has the No. 3001-22 but rather the Fernco / Proflex No. 3000-22. Looks like that 3001-22 is a transition coupling. ???????
Yes 3000-22 is the 2"- 2". Got three of them tonight at HD.

Back