Infiltrator Leach Field Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyay918

Reaction score
Hello, I am having a problem. Over the past few years I have noticed a puddle and mushy ground between my house and the leech field. I assumed a the time that it was a traditional septic system and there was a problem with the distribution box. So I started to dig around and I finally found a rigid, black, object. As I uncovered more and more of it, it seemed really large and that is when I saw the branding and model number. Infiltrator H-10.

I knew nothing about this system so I did some research and I understand how it works now, but I dont understand why I have a puddle in one portion of my yard. The soft area is about 6ft by 6ft square. As I was digging down to what I thought was the distribution box through the soft soil, I encounter so much effluent that I had to use a sump pump every so often so I could keep digging.

Im trying to understand why there is water pooling in this one area and what I can do about it. It simply may be from using too much water and we are overloading the system. I am not sure. I am not familiar with these systems and I wanted to ask around a bit for information before I call someone to come look at it.

Hopefully you do not have a sump pump going into that leach field.

Also, how old is the whole system?
Parts of the leach field might be plugged with solids, and so most of the liquids might only be able to go to that wet area.

You might need your field camera inspected or dug up to check for being plugged, or end of life.

Some towns or counties allow gray water, like from showers, sinks, washing machine, to dump directly into garden areas or other approved run off points.

If your system is overloaded, re-piping some gray water out of it could buy you a lot more years.
Ask your town about it.

Of course, your settling tank might be full to the top with solids, and might need pumping out.

Latest posts

Back