Inconsistent water pressure when Fleck 5600SE is in service.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasonjo

Reaction score
I have 2 Fleck 5600SE water filters. One is a water softener and another is filled with katolox light and is for iron manganese and sulfur. When this filter is in bypass my water pressure is great. When it is in service the pressure goes down and fluctuates randomly. Is this due to clumped you media or could it have something to do with the actual control head? I have someone coming out in a few days to repack it (which I could probably do myself) but didn’t want them to do it if that’s not the problem.

I know that’s not a lot of info but can you guys think of anything else that could be causing this pressure issue besides clumping of media? Or a crack in the distributor cap...

Attachments

• 7C90C4E2-99AB-44E4-97B2-B4EFA959EB5B.jpeg
    7C90C4E2-99AB-44E4-97B2-B4EFA959EB5B.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2
  • CCE2BCD3-AF7C-45F1-A8F4-6C798FE98796.jpeg
    CCE2BCD3-AF7C-45F1-A8F4-6C798FE98796.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Also, how would I depressurize the system with only one bypass valve? Everything I have seen you put the system in backwash and then shut inlet line off and leave outlet line open for a few seconds then shut it. I don't have separate shutoffs just one bypass.

Could just be the resin is old and clogged up. You have to replace the guts every 5-6 years or replace the canister. Sry they didn’t tell you that to begin with. You have the most expensive maintenace type of softener.

Latest posts

Back