In wall toilets. Worth it?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabeltron

Reaction score
I'm doing a renovation and really want in wall toilets, but my friend (no real plumbing experience) warns me that if something goes wrong you'll need to take down the wall to gain access. I know they provide access through the flush plate for minor fixes, but for major fixes I guess he's right. What's your take as professionals? Do you often have to repair these? What could potentially go wrong? Appreciate it!

They are fine if you stick with major brands. My Toto rep says buy the Geberit. I've used both.
As far as servicing, do NOT buy the one made for 2 x 4 wall, those really are VERY difficult to service.
The 2 x 6 models, use pop-out assemblies and it all fits out through the flush panel, so, though daunting, can be accomplished. Also, DO NOT go for a remote pushbutton airswitch. Those really are too hard to service after installation.
There will always be a slight bit of give when you put weight on the farthest point on the WC bowl. This is just the way they are. So, if that doesn't bother you, then they will perform fine. I've never had any of the dozens we install leak (drain wise).
Like all WCs, the drain flapper gasket will fail with time, depending on your water conditions.

Latest posts

Back