Identifying threads on a toilet supply

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFleming

Reaction score
A friend gave me an unused toilet seat with internal bidet. I got the seat, supply line, diverter tee, mounting hardware, and manual. Unfortunately none of those had any hint of the name of the manufacturer. The manual does have a part number which allowed me to identify it as an Australian Luxo with the manual available at https://tinyurl.com/ybbefxgt and the product page at Luxo Smart Arse Non-electric Bidet Toilet Seat, but neither of those include any technical specifications.

The diverter tee nut for attaching to the valve at the wall is way too large. I've located various supply lines with mixed size fittings, but for the life of me I can't figure out the correct threads. Googling just brings up confusing stuff. All the threads are straight, not tapered.

The male thread on the top of the supply valve at the wall is 0.54" OD. The male threads on the diverter tee and on the bidet are 0.80" diameter, and obviously the nut on the diverter tee is the same thread. Since the diverter tee is plastic it seems likely to me that it's a 7/8 thread. I can't come up with any reasonable guess what the male thread on the valve is.

If I get a tee with a thread that matches the valve (and the current supply line, I can probably get a mixed-size supply line from the page at https://tinyurl.com/y75w8yhq.

Any ideas?

Check the thread” can you find me the appropriate adapters” there were some good answers if you check what’s new it’s on the top of th3 3rd page

Check the thread” can you find me the appropriate adapters” there were some good answers if you check what’s new it’s on the top of th3 3rd page
Thanks but...

Search "appropriate adapters" gives me one result, "Can you help me find the appropriate adapters?" started April 30, 2020. One page.

"What's new" is a drop-down menu with no useful choices.

Thanks but...

Search "appropriate adapters" gives me one result, "Can you help me find the appropriate adapters?" started April 30, 2020. One page.

If you go to what’s new at the bottom it will say next click on next and you will see the title
Another thing you can do is searching bidet tee
The actual size is 7/8 thread on the toilet fill valve ( female) by bidet (male) by 7/8 ( male) after the tee all you need is a regular toilet supply I don’t know how to post pics

The toilet fill valve male is definitely not 7/8, it's way too small. That's the reason for my question; I can't find any thread with that 0.54" OD other than maybe 9/16-18. But I can't find a tee with that thread or a supply hose with that thread. But of course the existing hose fits so something somewhere should fit.

25-ish years of posting on various forums and I've never seen one without a clickable page count on the bottom. The string "What's new" appears only once on that page, in the top menu, and leads to a drop-down list that does not include anything about any more pages. I don't see anything else to click on.

Thread.png

Last edited:
A friend gave me an unused toilet seat with internal bidet. I got the seat, supply line, diverter tee, mounting hardware, and manual. Unfortunately none of those had any hint of the name of the manufacturer. The manual does have a part number which allowed me to identify it as an Australian Luxo with the manual available at https://tinyurl.com/ybbefxgt and the product page at Luxo Smart Arse Non-electric Bidet Toilet Seat, but neither of those include any technical specifications.

The diverter tee nut for attaching to the valve at the wall is way too large. I've located various supply lines with mixed size fittings, but for the life of me I can't figure out the correct threads. Googling just brings up confusing stuff. All the threads are straight, not tapered.

The male thread on the top of the supply valve at the wall is 0.54" OD. The male threads on the diverter tee and on the bidet are 0.80" diameter, and obviously the nut on the diverter tee is the same thread. Since the diverter tee is plastic it seems likely to me that it's a 7/8 thread. I can't come up with any reasonable guess what the male thread on the valve is.

If I get a tee with a thread that matches the valve (and the current supply line, I can probably get a mixed-size supply line from the page at https://tinyurl.com/y75w8yhq.

Any ideas?
The toilet fill valve male is definitely not 7/8, it's way too small. That's the reason for my question; I can't find any thread with that 0.54" OD other than maybe 9/16-18. But I can't find a tee with that thread or a supply hose with that thread. But of course the existing hose fits so something somewhere should fit.

25-ish years of posting on various forums and I've never seen one without a clickable page count on the bottom. The string "What's new" appears only once on that page, in the top menu, and leads to a drop-down list that does not include anything about any more pages. I don't see anything else to click on.

View attachment 24248

Any ideas?
Thanks but...

[/

I looked at the diagram can you contact the company Item 4 is the tee a conventional connection is 3/8 at the valve at the wall and 7/8 at th3 fill valve your bidet seat is not in inches you need to contact the co and see how they would convert to those numbers

I am a little worried that the sizes are metric, but I still have some hope. I've ordered some parts from Amazon. Hopefully some will fit and I can return the others.

Item 4 is the tee, same thread size all around, apparently 7/8. Certainly much larger than the existing fill valve or hose. The fill valve is of course SAE and I find it hard to believe it's a 3/8 thread of any stripe, since the OD is 0.54". Almost twice 3/8".

I am a little worried that the sizes are metric, but I still have some hope. I've ordered some parts from Amazon. Hopefully some will fit and I can return the others.

Item 4 is the tee, same thread size all around, apparently 7/8. Certainly much larger than the existing fill valve or hose. The fill valve is of course SAE and I find it hard to believe it's a 3/8 thread of any stripe, since the OD is 0.54". Almost twice 3/8".
I did some work in a clean room and had to adapt to fittings from England
The lab personnel was able to get metric to our standard adapters the 3/8 thread is coming off the supply valve

I believe the issue is that this plumbing site originates from the US of A, but our members are from all over the world. Common fittings in the United States are certainly not common fittings in England.

I'm wondering if you could replace the fill valve with a local, standard valve, such as a fluidmaster?
I'm guessing that the Tee breaks the water supply up, one side to toilet tank, the other to bidet mechanism.

Yes, that's what the tee does. The supply valve and fill valve are both US standard, installed 25 miles from Boston in 1987. It's not certain whether or not the supplied tee is metric threads, nor is it certain what thread is on the supply valve. Apparently the most common supply valve is 3/8 thread but since the thread OD is 0.54" that doesn't seem likely.

Back