Identifying Kohler Part

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GameJunkie

Reaction score
OK, non plummer here, just trying to get some help.

Problem I have are two tub faucets which dispense only hot water. I'm being told the cartridge is broken and it's best to call Kohler for a replacement. I had thought it would be a temperature adjustment since the part is supposed to mix water, but the plumber over the phone said it's the cartridge that needs to be replaced and that temperature adjustment is not possible.

Got two questions:
1. Can someone help identify this Kohler part? The plastic inside says 116995-6 but that isn't a part number.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_1onVtE0oWT4/TRZNm2Av7XI/AAAAAAAACdc/NicbXhS9V3w/s640/IMG_4203.JPG
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_1onVtE0oWT4/TRZNl9HVPqI/AAAAAAAACcs/LGq2TvhSnec/s640/IMG_4202.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1onVtE0oWT4/TRZNk8JW1_I/AAAAAAAACcs/u2-9Td4meMU/s640/IMG_4199.JPG

2. The two tubs are back to back. I was thinking what are the odds that both cartridges are broken? Is that pretty common?

Thanks in Advance

It's Christmas evening, and I'll try to get back with you soon. I will have to check a parts book and get the number for you, unless somebody else beats me to it.

I have that same faucet but i don't have hot water. Its not terribly cold but its like luke warm to cold for me to take a shower. can someone tell me what i should do to adjust the temperture? Thanks.

My resolution was to finally hire a plummer and have him look at it. I tried taking things apart to see what was going on and I messed up a screw (I'm not too much of a handy man). So I gave in. Not being more diligent about it I took so much time with it I ended up needing it done as soon as possible after a while (twins incomming and just hired a live in nanny who would use that shower).

He replaced the mixer. Kohler product or part number GP76851.

I had contacted Kohler before but the response was slow as it was the holidays. Eventually, I did get a response and they did honor the lifetime warranty. The parts did arrive so I now have spare parts. They took my word for it amazingly and I didn't really send them much proof. I offered to send them the broken parts, but they said it wasn't necessary. Perhaps this is a general problem with this part?

Hope this helps you. As you can see from the above post, someone else had a suggestion as well for another part. But if you have a genuine Kohler and got the time, try the warranty route.

Hung

I have that same faucet but i don't have hot water. Its not terribly cold but its like luke warm to cold for me to take a shower. can someone tell me what i should do to adjust the temperture? Thanks.

Kohler has always been awesome about honoring their warranty, probably because they don;t have to do it very often. I give out moen parts like candy at a parade, but I don't think anyone has come in looking for a Kohler replacement part in the last two years.

Glad to hear everything is running for you.

Back