Identify shower valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desmolift

Reaction score
I need some help with a shower valve. The problem is, when the water pressure gets low due to a clogged water filter on the well and the use of water at another location in the house, the show valve turns on! Changing the water filter to a fresh one, fixes the problem temporarily. I'm thinking the cartridge is malfunctioning. This is a shower only, no tub, so the valve is only controlling the mix of hot/cold and on/off for the shower head. I have not been able to identify the manufacturer of the shower valve. Would anyone be able to help identify the valve and suggest a solution to the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_2048.JPG
    IMG_2048.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
It’s most likely a Tempress 2 cartridge.

Many manufacturers used this cartridge so I’m not sure what actual brand faucet you have.

take the rest of the trim off.

I threw away about 15 trim kits just like that a few yrs ago. They were made by Grohe.

Not to drag this out... but.... when I look online for this cartridge I see many different manufacturers with prices ranging from $40-$140.

What would be the good replacement? I don't want cheap. I want quality.

Not to drag this out... but.... when I look online for this cartridge I see many different manufacturers with prices ranging from $40-$140.

What would be the good replacement? I don't want cheap. I want quality.

Ive never purchased one.

Back