Identify my Toilet Please

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veidtmeister

Reaction score
I have an older toilet, and I can't identify what model it is...
It's not filling the bowl to a decent level, even though I've replaced the fill valve and all other components.
It's older, and not a dual flush system, so I don't think it's a low flow toiket.
The "target" area in the bowl is far too small, and I need to know what I've got, to determine if there's any fix to it.
The only markings I find:

Tank lid: 4490
Tank Wall: on the inside tank wall, in faded black is:
UPC 4490 1.5

Toiket base: UPC 1.5
I'm hoping that doesn't mean it's a 1.5 gal flush?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, so I figured out its not UPC, but URC...
The letters overlap in the logo, so it's apparently a Universal Rundle Corp. 1.5 gallon toiket?

So this isn't a low flow toiket, so why the toilet bowl level is so low baffles me.
I've poked around under the rim and don't note any obstructions.
The fill tube is clipped to the overflow pipe, and the water in the tank is on the fill line.

Is there anyway to increase the target area/raise the water level in the bowl?

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, the manufacturer sets the level of the bowl when they make the p trap in the porcelain. if this toilet bowl level is lower than normal, I'd check for an obstruction in the bend below the toilet, which is wicking away the level of the water. Can you use a bucket of water and fill the bowl to a higher level? If so, your tank is not supplying enough water to fill the bowl.

So, I poured about a gallon in the bowl quickly, the bowl flushed, sort of, meaning the water whooshed out of the bowl without actually flushing, and then the water level was even lower, almost to low to see.
So I slowly added about a gallon or so, and the water level returned to where it was, and any further water I poured in had no effect.

Pouring a quick gallon of water is how I remove the water from the bowl when I replace them. It works great to siphon out the water. I guess I should have mentioned this earlier. If you slowly add water and it seeks the same level, I'm afraid there is nothing else you could do to increase the level of the water.

Back