ice maker question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd3955

Reaction score
Hello
Found this forum on a search and figure i shoot this small scenario i have maybe someone can give me some advice. found a small hole in the water hose for the ice maker in my fridge. the hose is connected to a line piercing saddle that is located under my sink in my kitchen.

At first it did the ice however i noticed it was small ice cubes it was making compared to the last time before the leak in the hose occurred. Obviously I'm not too sure as to what to do. I rotated the small thin handle on the saddle all the way to the left and to the right and still no ice is being made. I'm assuming no water is coming through.

Any tips is appreciated. Thanks

Hard water? Doesn't take much for a saddle valve to clog.

Don't like saddle valves for that reason. It sounds like it is foulded and needs to be replaced. Do you have a water dispenser on the fridge? If so does water come out of that. If no, check the filter in the fridge. If yes then it sounds like the ice maker is clogged or faulty. But my money is on the saddle valve.

Back