i want to install an eletric water heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animesona

Reaction score
i need information on what i need to get so i can install an eletric water heater to my home i made this account just for this reason.

Is this a replacement, new install????????
This should be left to a lic/insured plumber/
Should be wired by a lic /insured electrician
im replacing the old gas water heater with a small eletric water heater and i just want to know what i need to buy to install it plus i live outside of city limits so i dont need a licensed pumper to install it and i live in a trailer

Cut the hot and cold water lines unscrew them from the old water heater thread them onto the new one
Remove the pipe that is attached to the relief valve connect it to the new releif valve
If there was a vaccum breaker on the old heater buy a new one and put it in

Cut the hot and cold water lines unscrew them from the old water heater thread them onto the new one
Remove the pipe that is attached to the relief valve connect it to the new releif valve
If there was a vaccum breaker on the old heater buy a new one and put it in
can i show pics of my issue?

You’re not really going to install that POS are you? Call a plumber and get it taken care of correctly.

Then there is the electrical side of this. An electric water heater needs a bigger circuit than a gas water heater. That is a tankless water heater, which requires a rather large power supply, which your electric panel may not support. You would be foolish to wire that yourself. If you screw up the plumbing, you could have a flood. If you screw up the wiring, you could burn the house down or electrocute someone.

Is this a replacement, new install????????
This should be left to a lic/insured plumber/
Should be wired by a lic /insured electrician
I posted a similar statement last night and it appears it was removed.

Latest posts

Back