I need help! What are these?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cricket

Reaction score
I recently bought a house and I have no clue what these things are. They are all on the same wall....is this for a bathroom plumbing? I am clearly out of my element and the prior owners have no clue either. (feel free to mock my lack of any practical knowledge. Haha)

Attachments

• IMG_20200129_190420.jpg
    IMG_20200129_190420.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Here is the other photo. All on the same wall (if that matters. )

Attachments

• IMG_20200129_190426.jpg
    IMG_20200129_190426.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Oh, maybe....there might be a water thing on that side of the house. (I did say I was horribly clueless )

First pic just looks like plumbing from a bathroom sink and toilet above, or a kitchen, coming down and entering the sewer, which runs under the basement floor.

Here is the other photo. All on the same wall (if that matters. )
If you look closely at that PRV(Pressure Reducing Valve), the thing with the black plastic cover, you'll likely see a flow arrow pointing up.
That would be consistent with the shutoff valve located at the upstream side.
So based on those clues, I would have to conclude that's the water service coming in through the wall, being reduced in pressure and continuing up into the house.

Isn't there anything else(equipment and piping) in that basement?

Diehard, agreed it looks like the entry for water service.
I think I can even see the arrow, pointing up.

But usually the water meter is installed right there with it.
Maybe the meter is elsewhere in a closet, or even outside, but Ohio gets pretty cold, so outside meter would freeze unless boxed in somewhere toasty.

What you say is true for my area also but I can't have all the answers.:D

An answer to my last question in Post#8 should help fill in some unknowns.

Back