I need a booster pump expert!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinWellWater

Reaction score
I have a Davey Torrium D external pump, taking water from my storage tank into my house. But my problem is not in any of their troubleshooting scenarios.

Basically the pump only works when I press the prime button. If I take my finger off the button it no longer pumps. I've reprimed it, turned the power off then back on, the status light just remains a constant red: Stand by. It will not come on upon loss of pressure...there is currenlty no water in the house, the tank is full and the line to the pump from the tank is not blocked.

Anyone?

I deleted your second thread since it was a duplicate of this one.

Give this one a couple hours this morning and I am sure you will get your answer, there is some guys around here with good pump knowledge.

I have never been fond of Davey and I totally dislike that gadget they have that acts as a tank and pressure switch all in one. I bought 4 of them years ago, installed one, a week or less later uninstalled it and threw all four away.

You will always have problems with that gadget. Since it stores a thimble full of water or so, each time you have a minor leak, that pump is going to be going on and off like crazy.

I briefly went to their website but don't know what pumping system you have, so if you have a link, it might help.

I just got him. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back