I have no idea what to do

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Greco

Reaction score
For 20 years, I've lived in an area with 300 houses on well water. We have always had an issue with faucet screens needing replacing every year or so. Once we started switching appliances to low water usage appliances, we began having issues with sediment blocking up inline filters. Our Kohler kitchen faucet needed the inline screen cleaned every month. We went to the local water company and explained the sediment was clogging our screens. We were told no other house was having this issue. I then installed an inline GE water filter. Because of the filter we've been dealing with low water pressure when more than one water appliance is being used. It's been a big pain for the family. I've been changing the filter every 3 months. I am still having issues with the screens clogging up. My kitchen faucet is still having the inline screen clog up. I'm not sure how this is happening. Recently my water pressure has dropped significantly. I decided to flush the house from the lowest point. Turned on the water, and barely anything comes out. Left it running for 30 minutes, but there was no change. I switched our filter system to totally bypass the filter and still there was no change in the pressure. I'm totally out of ideas on what is going on?

what type of piping is your water line from the street to the house?
what type of piping is your water line in the house?
old galvanized piping does what you are describing.

If you are thinking the water is not being treated correctly by your water service co.
get a few clean specimen jar from your doctor, or buy some
fill with your tap water

call your health department and ask who to take water samples to

what type of piping is your water line from the street to the house?
what type of piping is your water line in the house?
old galvanized piping does what you are describing.

If you are thinking the water is not being treated correctly by your water service co.
get a few clean specimen jar from your doctor, or buy some
fill with your tap water

call your health department and ask who to take water samples to
a pool company will also test your water.... health dept would carry more weight thou

I've got copper pipes throughout the house, as well as from the service connection to the house. I checked water pressure at the line, just before it comes into the house, and it was 40 psi. There is just no pressure anywhere else in the house.

Last time I had this complaint about deposits in faucets and clogging screen. After a few trips and pleading for them to let me keep at it. Finally found the water heater was hooked up for no pump return line. But the return was sent into bottom of tank. I installed a pump and hooked into top side at cold line. Been back for other problems but haven’t cleaned a screen in 4 years. Show us pictures your water heater. My house did the same thing when I hooked my heater up as a no pump recirculated hot line. Had to disconnect it because the kitchen got the brunt of the trash. Even brand new tank.

I've got copper pipes throughout the house, as well as from the service connection to the house. I checked water pressure at the line, just before it comes into the house, and it was 40 psi. There is just no pressure anywhere else in the house.
are all your aerators clean?

details man,,,
where did you check the pressure
is there a main valve where the yard line ties into the house line

could be a globe or gate vale that is broke

remove the washing machine hose and put a psi gauge on the valve

gauge.jpg

Back