I hate vents!!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corey Mcclanahan

Reaction score
https://www.plumbingforums.com/media/20200125_225232.1051/
20200125_225433.1050

https://www.plumbingforums.com/media/20200125_225433.1050/

Im still working on learning to post photos but i need some help guys. (1)Do i Need a vent where my shower is going? There is a toilet upstream of my drain. The showerdrain is an old floor drain and was not vented. The 3" stack vents to a 3" at (3) and is in between my shower and my toilet. I just dont see a way to get a vent out in the middle of a floor like that as this will be the center of my shower.

The trap is not glued i just sat there to see how much i need to dig. I will use a mechanical coupling here. As for my 3" on my ceiling i glued pvc to abs which i know was dumb. How can i fix this without wasting all those new fittings and no more pipe to cut. Can you use a fernco to go over the flare on the fittings. Sorry guys alot of mistake but im trying to fix them now.

I am from the Philippines, and the ways and the code here might be different there in terms of plumbing. I will try to suggest anyway.

(1)Do i Need a vent where my shower is going? There is a toilet upstream of my drain. The showerdrain is an old floor drain and was not vented.
In my country, we place a vent in every drain that is connected to the soil stack. From what I remember, the vent is there to prevent fumes from the septic to the kitchen or the bathroom, and it is there also to prevent backflow. With those reasons, I would recommend putting a vent on it.

(3) and is in between my shower and my toilet. I just dont see a way to get a vent out in the middle of a floor like that as this will be the center of my shower.
Maybe you can do something like this? lol
upload_2020-1-26_15-26-20.png

Posting Pictures
Method One: If you got picture on a site or if it in your computer, you can right click on the image and click copy. After that, you can paste it on your post.

Method Two: You can look for this icon in your editor upload_2020-1-26_15-29-52.png and select it. It will open a window, and all you gotta do is search for your image in the directory.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-26_14-33-2.png
    upload_2020-1-26_14-33-2.png
    620 bytes · Views: 3
  • upload_2020-1-26_15-29-17.png
    upload_2020-1-26_15-29-17.png
    710 bytes · Views: 3
I am from the Philippines, and the ways and the code here might be different there in terms of plumbing. I will try to suggest anyway.

Thanks for the reply! I am in a location with no code but still want to do things the correct way. The only reason im stressing over the vent is due to the fact i have found that floor drain empty a couple times and im afraid the toilet was causing a siphon.

I can run the vent but it will have to be horizontal for a short run and ive read that you cant do that either unless its at a 45?!?! That would make this impossible.

Latest posts

Back