I fixed my washer and now it's leaking!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edhalsim

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm no expert repairing things, but I try my best. My 20+ year only Kenmore Series 80 washer model ##110.24872300 stopped working so I replaced the lid switch per:

This worked great, but now it leaks! I have no idea why as it wasn't leaking before the switch stopped working. Ideally I'd like to avoid calling the repair guy, but now I have no idea how to proceed. Maybe I didn't reassemble the machine correctly? I am concerned the back isn't attached securely to the front part, but who know.

Thanks for any help.

Spend a few minutes, tear it back down, and check for any errors from the first time you tore it apart.

I don't know if this will help, but I had a very, very similar looking washer to the one in your video, Edhalsium. Mine was branded Whirlpool (who probably made your Kenmore).

When I changed the lid switch, I accidentally knocked off the fill sensor tube for the pressure switch. In your video, it is at about Minute 1:44. A screen shot with an arrow is attached. When the tube was off, it leaked. The tube was loose on the barb, so I cut about 1/2" inch off & shoved it back on.

Other possibilities are the tubes for the dispensers that send bleach, softener, etc., into the tub.

Hope This Helps!
Paul

Attachments

• Tube.png
    Tube.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Pressure Switch.png
    Pressure Switch.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 0
Does it only leak when filling? I replaced a lid safety witch once and had a leak afterward. Turns out the fill hose had been rubbing for years against something and had a thin spot. When I got in there and moved stuff around, it 'rubbed through'. Cheap fix of new tubing. Find out where it is leaking

Back