I am not a plumberšŸ˜

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's one of these specialty licenses. Plumber can do it though,now that I think about it we have a full gas license.

Screenshot_20210612-104742_Chrome.jpg

When stuff catches on a fire s*** gets real. A plumber buddy of mine went to it invalid old ladies house recently that couldn't afford a plumber so she hired a handyman. The guy put a SharkBite caps on npt threaded Outlets to cap them. There were leaks everywhere. The lady who paid the handyman and then ended up paying a plumber anyway.

It's just a way for the public to filter out somebody that should have qualifications

Not only was there gas leaks everywhere there was water leaks in two spots. The lady was bedridden

When stuff catches on a fire s*** gets real. A plumber buddy of mine went to it invalid old ladies house recently that couldn't afford a plumber so she hired a handyman. The guy put a SharkBite caps on npt threaded Outlets to cap them. There were leaks everywhere. The lady who paid the handyman and then ended up paying a plumber anyway.

It's just a way for the public to filter out somebody that should have qualifications

Your story is testimony as to the regulations not working.

Itā€™s not about safety, itā€™s about control.

Thatā€™s my opinion āœŒļø

People are responsible for their actions here whether theyā€™re licensed or not.

That doesnā€™t mean youā€™ll get paid or your family would ever get paid but legally everyone is responsible for their negligence.

Iā€™m not for ā€œ no regulation ā€œ. There comes a point though were itā€™s just gets ridiculous. That point for me is just different than Iowaā€™s.

And thatā€™s fine......

I think those specialty licenses are actually fairly easy to get. You show you work for a company or own a business and have taken a class or two I think

in canada you neded a appliance license which is different than a gaz fitter license. I do not want to be any part of someone blowing them selves or other up.

what is wrong with requiring licenses , do you really want people to drive with out one, doctors to operate , or people to work on gas repairs without one. Just saying.

I really donā€™t care. Itā€™s just a way to extract money from people.

Latest posts

Back