I am not a plumber😁

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

JG plumbing

Reaction score
It's one of these specialty licenses. Plumber can do it though,now that I think about it we have a full gas license.

Screenshot_20210612-104742_Chrome.jpg

JG plumbing

Reaction score
When stuff catches on a fire s*** gets real. A plumber buddy of mine went to it invalid old ladies house recently that couldn't afford a plumber so she hired a handyman. The guy put a SharkBite caps on npt threaded Outlets to cap them. There were leaks everywhere. The lady who paid the handyman and then ended up paying a plumber anyway.

It's just a way for the public to filter out somebody that should have qualifications

JG plumbing

Reaction score
Not only was there gas leaks everywhere there was water leaks in two spots. The lady was bedridden

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
When stuff catches on a fire s*** gets real. A plumber buddy of mine went to it invalid old ladies house recently that couldn't afford a plumber so she hired a handyman. The guy put a SharkBite caps on npt threaded Outlets to cap them. There were leaks everywhere. The lady who paid the handyman and then ended up paying a plumber anyway.

It's just a way for the public to filter out somebody that should have qualifications
Your story is testimony as to the regulations not working.

It’s not about safety, it’s about control.

That’s my opinion ✌

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
People are responsible for their actions here whether they’re licensed or not.

That doesn’t mean you’ll get paid or your family would ever get paid but legally everyone is responsible for their negligence.

I’m not for “ no regulation “. There comes a point though were it’s just gets ridiculous. That point for me is just different than Iowa’s.

And that’s fine......

JG plumbing

Reaction score
I think those specialty licenses are actually fairly easy to get. You show you work for a company or own a business and have taken a class or two I think

arctic bill

Reaction score
in canada you neded a appliance license which is different than a gaz fitter license. I do not want to be any part of someone blowing them selves or other up.

Twowaxhack

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
what is wrong with requiring licenses , do you really want people to drive with out one, doctors to operate , or people to work on gas repairs without one. Just saying.
I really don’t care. It’s just a way to extract money from people.