HVAC Condensation pipe clogged?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I get it. Bacteria don't care.
What does bacteria have to do with it ? Indirect drains don’t have bacteria ?
There are whole neighborhoods from the 70’s here piped that way and let me guess,,,,,,they all died from bacteria ? 🤣

Give the code parroting a rest, not every drain you clean is going to be up to current code nor is it required for me to make it so.

We pipe them from overhead all the time. We use a sandpipe or just an air gap into a sink or outside, or floor drain. I worked for a company that did hvac mainly. Schools and what not, hospitals. We didn't cross contaminate. That doesn't mean I'd fix it if I saw it, but I wouldn't plan for what you see here.

Not to mention the guy should know. Whether he wants do so something about it or not is HIS decision. He can't make one if he doesn't know.

You have a way of streering these things into arguments that need not have been.

We pipe them from overhead all the time. We use a sandpipe or just an air gap into a sink or outside, or floor drain. I worked for a company that did hvac mainly. Schools and what not, hospitals. We didn't cross contaminate. That doesn't mean I'd fix it if I saw it, but I wouldn't plan for what you see here.

Not to mention the guy should know. Whether he wants do so something about it or not is HIS decision. He can't make one if he doesn't know.

You have a way of streering these things into arguments that need not have been.

I pledge allegiance to the code of every state, county, city and town in America and promise to recite and remind everyone on every thread.
Is that how it should be ?

There comes a point where it’s not relevant to the problem and therefore not relevant to the thread.

The guy is asking how to clean a drain that is hooked up wrong. He could eliminate one the the steps you gave if he hooked it up right.

There are people who want things done correctly for one reason or another. Not everyone is a hack.

The guy is asking how to clean a drain that is hooked up wrong. He could eliminate one the the steps you gave if he hooked it up right.

We have drains connected like that here and they are approved because when the house was built it was legal.

Not to mention the visual indicator that everything is flowing. You'd want the before your overflow is running. You'd see a increasingly small flow of condensate and know you need to clean it soon.

Not to mention the visual indicator that everything is flowing. You'd want the before your overflow is running. You'd see a increasingly small flow of condensate and know you need to clean it soon.
Yeah, mine dumps out on the side of my house into a French drain. I go out there all the time just to check it. 🤣

People make fun of service plumbers for a reason. The reason is you.

"even a service plumber could do that"
"been snaking out any blue rooms lately"

People make fun of service plumbers for a reason. The reason is you.

"even a service plumber could do that"
"been snaking out any blue rooms lately"

And the reason why the service business is so lucrative is because of the increasingly crappy work done by new construction plumbers.

Big fact.,

I get texts like this my friend. This is from this morning.
30C6BBB2-E1F8-479A-A564-3E117D6FD41D.jpeg

"Lucrative" yeah. I wouldn't call it that. Not in this area. A one month job over a million dollars is lucrative. The bosses my previous company would tell people who called about service work that we didn't do that.

When there's over 30 people in the office fixing faucets don't get it done.

Fyi, if the backup drain ever clogs, and the pan fills up high enough with water, there is a safety switch clipped onto your pan.

The float should rise up, and the switch should cause the furnace or a/c to shut off, to avoid flooding the house below it.

"Lucrative" yeah. I wouldn't call it that. Not in this area. A one month job over a million dollars is lucrative. The bosses my previous company would tell people who called about service work that we didn't do that.

I charge 150 an hour. Out of that I keep about 100.00 because I have very low overhead.

So I charge more than anyone, have too much work and have low overhead because I don’t have a brick and mortar and don’t advertise.

I work 4-5 hrs a day and earn over 100k a year basically part time working in nice homes.

I think I have things figured out.....

Last edited:
I charge 150 an hour. Out of that I keep about 100.00 because I have very low overhead.

So I charge more than anyone, have too much work and have low overhead because I don’t have a brick and mortar and don’t advertise.

I work 4-5 hrs a day and earn over 100k a year basically part time working in ice homes.

I think I have things figured out.....
Like I said I'm proud. I wouldn't call that lucrative, it's a fine living. The service plumber I worked with for a while told me I'd make 120k a year on my own (in the Midwest mind you) that's what he did. It's a fine living.

Industrial work just by its nature pays many times this. I'm not really saying one is better than the other, just lucrative is relative I think.

Like I said I'm proud. I wouldn't call that lucrative, it's a fine living. The service plumber I worked with for a while told me I'd make 120k a year on my own (in the Midwest mind you) that's what he did. It's a fine living.

Industrial work just by its nature pays many times this. I'm not really saying one is better than the other, just lucrative is relative I think.

He lied, based off your posts you couldn’t repair or even identify a price pfister tub faucet.

You’d never make it in the service business, at least not right now.

He lied, based off your posts you couldn’t repair or even identify a price pfister tub faucet.

You’d never make it in the service business, at least not right now.
I don't know why id want to. I make more than you and I have a 401k... And a pension. Private health insurance. I don't buy any tools, vacation... Should I keep going?

Besides I can open a book and find an exploded view of something if I need to refursmbish a 30 year old valve. Which we don't advise.

Latest posts

Back