How would you add a 4” wye?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Zanne, I Just got home.
This job is an hour away 🙄 which is rare.

That’s a bummer the videos wouldn’t work.
I use an iPhone for everything. Got an iPad but don’t use it cause it doesn’t fit in my pocket 😅

here’s some snap shots

954C2813-B58C-4A71-8E62-F10B410AE3B7.jpeg
This was the cut that made it through the 4” service weight cast iron pipe.

70F6AE1D-6C90-4771-8306-51E3154C03E8.jpeg
I had to use my SDS hammed drill to chip enough concrete out of the way to remove the hubs.

B9462C3D-4D00-4DB9-85E1-1576BF17E7EE.jpeg
This is using the grinder with a 4-1/2” Lennox diamond blade to trim the pipe to a workable angle for the 4” no hub wye to sit on the half hub short sweep. It took a while. My first angle didn’t work because of the contour of the sweep so I trimmed a second try and that worked. It wasn’t a true 45 degree angle but after the wye sat on top it worked.

F9A0485B-0C3B-4C47-97F6-CF26593CCE20.jpeg
Here’s the extracted beast! It’s heavier than I thought it would be. Service weight is no joke. Installing underground service weight sanitary systems we use the bucket of the excavator to push the stubborn pieces into a hub using rubber Charlotte seals.

Glad you enjoyed! I certainly did 😋

I hear ya sawguy.

For the residential company, I’d like to put effort into starting a commercial division for the NC Triad (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point). That is if the business owner decides to grow in that direction. If not, residential will be all good with me. The last 5 years of this is starting to take a toll.

I’m just glad that if I leave, I can always come back to this work! Field supervisor is the next step in this ladder.

You’ll do well in any type plumbing work you chose. Just remember to get compensated fairly for your work. If you don’t need the money put it in the bank for a rainy day.

Thanks for the screenshots! Wow, that pipe looked monstrous! How much do you think it weighed? I'm guessing I probably couldn't have lifted it. LOL. We need more residential plumbers in our area.

Thanks for the screenshots! Wow, that pipe looked monstrous! How much do you think it weighed? I'm guessing I probably couldn't have lifted it. LOL. We need more residential plumbers in our area.

I think about 50lbs. I was on a ladder trying to get it out of the concrete cubby hole and I wedged my finger nail between it and the concrete. Shaking that pain off I realized it had more weight than I expected.

Well I see your doing a lot of plumbing yourself up there 👍

Ouch. That does not sound fun at all.
I wish I was doing more plumbing so I could get things wrapped up. Not as productive as I'd like to be.

Latest posts

Back