How to replace cartridge on Sepco Temp-Rite SI

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luga29

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Sepco Temp-Rite SI shower faucet and it recently has begun leaking. Looking to replace the cartridge but I can't figure out how to remove it. I've attached two pictures for reference. It would seem obvious to remove the nut in front but i've tried to remove it with a fair amount of pressure with no luck. Afraid of breaking the plumbing behind the wall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Luga

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

You are at the right spot. Get a can of PBlaster, spray that joint, let sit overnight, and unthread it the next day. I'd also look for a socket to fit that hex fitting, so you don't slip off and bust your knuckles.

PB Blaster.jpg

that looks exactly like a shower valve manufactured in Massachusetts but the name is diffrent t,twhen you turn the stops off turn the handle about half way on
that way it doesn't get bound up on that brass nut you can do what the first poster said or put an adjustable wrench over that nut and tap it a couple
of times with a hammer

Yes, similar to an impact hammer. Just some smart wraps to loosen the calcium cement.

Thank you for the replies. A combination of liquid wrench and a hammer did the trick.

Hi Luga29,
How did you remove the lower lever handle in order to remove the faceplate and get to how you have pictured in order to replace the valve stem itself? I loosened the setscrew on the stop plate below the main turn valve, and unscrewed the lever itself from the ball stem, but then the rest of the assembly seems to just turn but can't be removed.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back