How to remove tap handle?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queertn

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the handles of these taps? One of them is leaking so I'm trying to remove it to replace the washer but I'm not sure how to disassemble it and what tools to use. The H and C don't seem to pop off, but perhaps can be twisted with the right tools? Thanks!

Attachments

• 20180923_132757.jpg
    20180923_132757.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 10
Flat screw driver carefully wedged between the seem of cap and handle. Then you got a screw holding handle on. But I guessing we need to back up and turn off water and double check that the water is off. Watch a few you tube videos first. I just worried. If you can’t manage the cap ? Should you be tearing into it? It gets more complicated. I would suggest to just get a new faucet. You tube the crap out of it. 2 handle lavatory faucet rebuild. They mostly all the same. Remove button remove screw remove handle. Remove retaining bonnet then stem should come out. Then make sure there is no replaceable seat left in fixture. Find the stem at store and reverse. Always use plumbers grease or Vaseline to reassemble new parts. Good luck and god bless.

Back