How to disassemble Rohl A3479 kitchen faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onyaw

Reaction score
Dear experts,

We have a Rohl A3479 kitchen faucet tower that is getting a bit stiff. I have the specs diagram but i cannot figure out how to disassemble it. Do these pieces merely unscrew and i have to use 'elbow' grease (or a strap wrench), or is there some other trick or order? I don't want to break it. We have well water and calcium/lime in the house and probably just needs some cleaning (I hope).

See attached diagrams.

Thx in advance for your help,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 9.57.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 9.57.34 AM.png
    459.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 10.00.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 10.00.40 AM.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 1
Dear experts,

We have a Rohl A3479 kitchen faucet tower that is getting a bit stiff. I have the specs diagram but i cannot figure out how to disassemble it. Do these pieces merely unscrew and i have to use 'elbow' grease (or a strap wrench), or is there some other trick or order? I don't want to break it. We have well water and calcium/lime in the house and probably just needs some cleaning (I hope).

See attached diagrams.

Thx in advance for your help,
Aah, i see now that there is a set screw underneath the lever behind the set screw cover. i found instructions that this set screw is just loosened, and then the lever and dome will come off. But i can't figure out how they come off - should they just 'pop' off e.g. unwedge with a flathead screwdriver? Or do i need to work it side by side to disengage it from a grooved extension of the cartridge?

Last edited:
Loosen the set screw like you said and then just pull on it. If its tight then easily work it side by side until it comes
off. then pull the dome off. Take pictures so you know how to put it back together. If there isn't a nut holding down
the spout then it will pull off also. Then you can take some plumbers grease or silicone grease and spread on the o-rings
under the spout and then put back together and the spout should work easy for you now.

Loosen the set screw like you said and then just pull on it. If its tight then easily work it side by side until it comes
off. then pull the dome off. Take pictures so you know how to put it back together. If there isn't a nut holding down
the spout then it will pull off also. Then you can take some plumbers grease or silicone grease and spread on the o-rings
under the spout and then put back together and the spout should work easy for you now.
Thanks i did manage to get it off with some serious gentle force. got the lever working more smoothly now but we also noticed that it was leaking a little between the faucet (which swivels) and the piece above it. it was a little grungy in there, so i cleaned it and the bottom surface of the piece it mates with above (see new pics) in cases like this does that teflon ring merely wear down and need to be replaced, or will i be okay with some generous silicone grease? when i first reassembled it still leaked but i had merely used plumber's grease but maybe hadn't cleaned it enough or been generous enough.

is it ever the cartridge itself causes leaking (not through the faucet but in the assembly)? it was not too grungy but it doesn't look like it can be serviced only replaced.

tx again.

Attachments

• IMG_6578 copy.jpg
    IMG_6578 copy.jpg
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6579 copy.jpg
    IMG_6579 copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back