How to adjust pop up drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail Hischar

Reaction score
Need to raise the drain in my bathroom sink. Don't have the usual squeeze and adjust for the drain. Have this barrel thing. Any ideas how to adjust? Thanks!

Last edited:
I've never seen these before. Maybe there will be someone that has. In the meantime I did some searching for you and found 2 different manufacturers that had a cable type actuator like yours.

This one may be what you have. It's an American Standard Sink Pop-up Drain Stopper (Speed Connect Drain) and the link for the video is here. After watching the video, I'm not sure how of if it's adjustable. Just appears to be a correct or incorrect way to assemble it. Although I suppose if it got worn out or broken it could leave your stopper in the down(closed) position.
I hope this helps.

One was by a company called FRANKE, I believe. I have attached a video for that one but there is no sound. I believe it would be in a different language, if there was sound. But if by chance you have this type I believe you would know. Although it appears to be for a kitchen drain.

Let me know how you make out.

Latest posts

Back