How long is too long to wait for paid services

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertalvarez

Reaction score
Have this plumber on contract for a house addition plumbing work.
Problem the gas utility put their pipes for the plumber on April 13 so he could do his gas plumbing.
Plumber has delay again and again says have to complete a current job he is doing. And said several time on Monday , tomorrow, etc and does not show up.

When I mention that I will fill a complain say that he will terminal contract. He has been already paid for work.
So looking at two options.

Fire him and fill complain with state and possible suing in court for money owed.

Second, had called police to consult about this and they said that this was theft. But they also said the officer that I called would make a decision to charge him for theft or say its a civil matter.

Any one have a problem like this?

I'd think small claims court would be worth a look, but dunno how Texas deals with these things.

It's a nightmare, our FL HVAC contractor went out of business literally overnight, leaving us trying to arrange a final inspection ourselves.

Said you paid him, assuming you signed a contract? What does it say or reference about a timeline and or (specific) performance/timeline?

1st mistake/problem - in essence they have an unlimited time period to start finish!?

Does the contract mention default and or (again) specific performance?

1st mistake/problem - in essence they have an unlimited time period to start finish!?

Does the contract mention default and or (again) specific performance?
Who would call the police before asking for their money back ? That tells the story right there……..

doing an addition for a house and firing the plumber gets complicated
its been since December when building started
getting a new plumber would cost about 30% more since this plumber was cheap
he is slow but just waiting would save money, have options but will cost more and get complex
the plumber has delayed work since April 13 says trying to complete a current job, say ready to continue, but ??
installing the gas lines and final fixtures is that he has to do

doing an addition for a house and firing the plumber gets complicated
its been since December when building started
getting a new plumber would cost about 30% more since this plumber was cheap
he is slow but just waiting would save money, have options but will cost more and get complex
the plumber has delayed work since April 13 says trying to complete a current job, say ready to continue, but ??
installing the gas lines and final fixtures is that he has to do
Ok so everything doesn’t work out. Ask for your money back and move on.

You can’t call the police or go to court because he won’t do the job. All you can do is ask for your money back.

Does that sound reasonable?

Back