How do I make my new Delta shower lever handle face the 3 o'clock position?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickRollin

Reaction score
IMG_3828.jpgIMG_3870.jpg
Hi

I recently bought a new replacement Delta shower lever handle (#H715) for my Monitor shower 1300/1400 series. When I push the lever onto the cartridge stem the handle faces 6 o'clock instead of the customary 3 o'clock position.

There's a thick washer inside the handle that grips the cartridge stem and I'm thinking if I can rotate the washer, the lever will adjust to the correct position.

How do I either rotate the washer inside the lever or remove it so I can put it on the cartridge stem and then push the lever onto it?

I've attached a few pictures of the new lever handle and washer.

Thanks.

It was originally set at 3 o'clock when in the off position by the home builder and the "off" on the Monitor trim plate is at 3 o'clock.

You can maybe rotate the insert adapter. I have installed them, they were always at 6:00

Any idea how to rotate or remove the adapter? I've tried a screwdriver, but it doesn't seem to budge easily. Thanks.

yeah, they were currently running 1-1/2 hours on hold and they're support is kind of hit or miss in the past

Is the handle official Delta or is it a knockoff?

Your wait time is rarely really that long, people throw up their hands, and fall by the wayside.
You might try email, together with pix.

I recently called Pfister - who sent me a bunch of parts for my faucet - free.
Most manufacturers will send you new parts, noy only innards, but also if the finish on the handle, escutcheon, etc. goes bad.
(( Which must say something about the cost to manufacture -vs- sale price. ))

I had an older Moen kitchen faucet with side sprayer. The diverter went bad so they sent a brand new faucet, free of charge. My old faucet was discontinued. This was 30+ years ago and since then I recommend to all my customers.

Latest posts

Back