Hot water problems at home.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley

Reaction score
This is the second winter I've spent in my house and I'm experiencing some hot water issues that are confusing the hell out of me. The master shower will not get hot unless I run the water for 20-30 minutes, while the master bathtub and master bath sinks will get hot within 30 seconds. The kitchen sink on the other side of the wall also takes 20-30 minutes to get hot. These fixtures are all on the opposite side of the house as the water heater but are right by each other. Also (not sure if related) about 50ft away from the house where I assume the septic tank is I just discovered the ground is soggy wet and smelly. This could be from us running so much water recently?
FYI: I bought this property at auction so I don't know much about it's design or history. The home is located in Arizona in, its 25 years old and it's on a well system and septic. The water piping appears to be ran underground. The section I can see going from booster pump to underground is ran in pvc.. Any help would be so appreciated as I don't want to roll the dice with some service company giving me a doomsday scenario when it could be something I can troubleshoot and fix myself.

check the shower valve for a scald guard/ mixing valve
behind the handle [assuming it is single lever]
is a wheel looking thing with gears, and an arrow
pull the gear thing out turn to.....i think the left,,, push it back in

I tried that tonight and still having cold water issue. Thanks for giving me something to try though!

Latest posts

Back