hot water pressure low?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugerz

Reaction score
I recently replaced the moen cartridge in my shower because i was getting luke warm water. Now i get hot water but the water pressure is way low. Its even low in the sinks and other places in my house now. Its hot, real hot, but at least a third of the water the cold water pressure is. Any ideas on this one. Before i replaced the cartridge I was getting even pressure but it had cold water seeping in. thanks for any help.

The old cartridge was probably allowing cold water to cross into the hot side, thereby giving you good pressure but lukewarm water. You probably already figured that one out, though.:)

Since all of the fixtures have low flow on the hot side, the best guess is that the outlet of the water heater is clogged somehow. With copper piping, I have heard of mineral deposits building up on the end of the pipe that ties to the top of the water heater, and causing this problem. Another thing to check is that the valve on the supply side of the water heater is fully open.

Back