Hot water lost pressure on 2 shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleanwater

Reaction score
Hi all,
After the plumber replaced my hot water pipe to the water heater, 2 of my showers and 1 kitchen faucets lost pressure on hot water( I guess that’s the right term) they were all working fine before that.
All 2 shower valves and faucet are mixing valve, which is sharing 1 valve in the same cartridge.
When turn to cold, the pressure is great, but it’s only 30% the pressure when turned to hot water side.
I wonder if the cartridges got jammed with sediments / rusty stuff from old pipe ? Or something else more serious, hope not since they were fine before they cut the hot water pipe.

Check all the hot water valves and stops to make sure they are fully open.

Check all the hot water valves and stops to make sure they are fully open.
Hi, we didn’t touch any valve or stop during the fixing , and he only replace the pipe in the garage . The place I lost pressure on hot is shower so I can’t access the valves, they are in the wall :( any other suggestions?

Hi, we didn’t touch any valve or stop during the fixing , and he only replace the pipe in the garage . The place I lost pressure on hot is shower so I can’t access the valves, they are in the wall :( any other suggestions?

If you had some water pipe replaced the plumber turned a valve off some place.

Was it a hot or cold water pipe you had replaced ? What type pipe was it ?

Remove the aerator from the kitchen faucet. Post pics of the faucets. Do you have any hot water outlet that flows normal ?

Ask the plumber where he turned the water off at, then take pics of the valve and post them.

Post a pic of his invoice.

Last edited:
If you had some water pipe replaced the plumber turned a valve off some place.

Was it a hot or cold water pipe you had replaced ? What type pipe was it ?

Remove the aerator from the kitchen faucet. Post pics of the faucets. Do you have any hot water outlet that flows normal ?

Ask the plumber where he turned the water off at, then take pics of the valve and post them.

Post a pic of his invoice.
Hi,
I did turn off the main line only. He didn’t turn off any others. Yes he replace the hot water pipe , galvanized old kind of pipe. The rest of the house has hot water, one shower got hot water. The kitchen after some trying, it has hot. My other 2 shower still didn’t get pressure on hot , I can feel the hot water but not strong enough to divert the hot to shower head

This is a matter of testing and tracing.

Why wouldn't you just have the plumber come back and fix it for free? I'm pretty sure you didn't pay him to lose hot water in one of your showers.

Hi,
I did turn off the main line only. He didn’t turn off any others. Yes he replace the hot water pipe , galvanized old kind of pipe. The rest of the house has hot water, one shower got hot water. The kitchen after some trying, it has hot. My other 2 shower still didn’t get pressure on hot , I can feel the hot water but not strong enough to divert the hot to shower head
You’ll most likely need to take those faucets apart and clean them out.

You may even need to replace the cartridges.

Do you have anymore old galvanized pipe still in the system ?

Back