Hot water getting into cold water lines.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milwuakee tools

Reaction score
I have an issue with hot water getting into the cold water lines. And also the hot water not staying hot enough for it to fill up bath.
I just installed 2 delta rough in shower valves. And then the problem started.
Could it be the thermostat just went out same timing or did I not plumb it right?

Attachments

• 227405ED-3361-4618-8FF5-DE8EF30FDD2C.jpeg
    227405ED-3361-4618-8FF5-DE8EF30FDD2C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
You need to install the cartridge if the rough valve didn’t come with a white piece about 3” long with two o rings on one end.,,,..that’s a delta rough valve plug.

some delta rough valves come with it.
Or cut you in a stop valve in one of the hot or cold feed lines then leave it off until you get the cartridge installed.

The blue plastic plug you have screwed into the shower head outlet. It looks used......have you ever did a job like this before ?

The blue plastic plug you have screwed into the shower head outlet. It looks used......have you ever did a job like this before ?
Yes. But usually on full remodels. So no one was in house until finished and everything worked perfect. This was the first time I had an issue.

I guess you realize if that gets broke you’re going to have a problem. It looks like you’re in the attic too... 😬

Last edited:
Back