hose bib

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdowse

Reaction score
20200616_184520.jpgI'm trying to figure out the manufacturer of this hose bib. There's no identifying markings on it that I can see. Does anyone recognize it?

Take new pics, one from each side, and close and in focus, that clearly show all those molded in letters and logos that I can barely see now, from your current pic.

That is a frost free silcock. You will need to find out how it is connected on the other side of the wall to help you.
Here is a sample of how to fix it, but I don't recommend using this method unless you have clear access to the other side.

You did not say WHY you are looking for the manufacturer...
I believe this is an Eastman brand. If your vacuum breaker is bad (the part on the top) that is present in the first photo, but absent in the second and third photo, you can get a replacement at Amazon:

EZ-FLO 45417 Eastman Vacuum Breaker Repair Kit
by Peak Trading
Learn more: EZ-FLO 45417 Eastman Vacuum Breaker Repair Kit - Faucet Trim Kits - Amazon.com

If its leaking or something else, probably just better to replace the entire unit if possible. However, @havasu indicates quite accurately that you need good access to the part inside the house where it attaches to your cold water line. It may be readily accessible in a crawl space or basement, but might not be.

After a number of these broke on me, I re-plumbed them to include an old fashioned shutoff inside the house (I had a basement) with a threaded female adapter. When they broke then, I would turn off the water in the house at that point, go back outside, remove the two screws, unscrew the entire assembly, wrap the replacement (with a threaded male end) with teflon tape and replace.

Full disclosure: the reason why they broke is my fault. Leaving a hose attached when it goes below freezing. Was caught too many times with 50 degree days and 25 degree nights, not thinking of removing hoses around the house...

Take new pics, one from each side, and close and in focus, that clearly show all those molded in letters and logos that I can barely see now, from your current pic.
You did not say WHY you are looking for the manufacturer...
I believe this is an Eastman brand. If your vacuum breaker is bad (the part on the top) that is present in the first photo, but absent in the second and third photo, you can get a replacement at Amazon:

EZ-FLO 45417 Eastman Vacuum Breaker Repair Kit
by Peak Trading
Learn more: EZ-FLO 45417 Eastman Vacuum Breaker Repair Kit - Faucet Trim Kits - Amazon.com

If its leaking or something else, probably just better to replace the entire unit if possible. However, @havasu indicates quite accurately that you need good access to the part inside the house where it attaches to your cold water line. It may be readily accessible in a crawl space or basement, but might not be.

After a number of these broke on me, I re-plumbed them to include an old fashioned shutoff inside the house (I had a basement) with a threaded female adapter. When they broke then, I would turn off the water in the house at that point, go back outside, remove the two screws, unscrew the entire assembly, wrap the replacement (with a threaded male end) with teflon tape and replace.

Full disclosure: the reason why they broke is my fault. Leaving a hose attached when it goes below freezing. Was caught too many times with 50 degree days and 25 degree nights, not thinking of removing hoses around the house...

The vacuum breaker in the front yard was bad so i replaced it with the one from the backyard. The pic with the complete hose bib is the front. The one missing the top part is the backyard. There aren't any leaks. Just needed to know the brand so i can buy a parts kit to complete the one in the backyard. Thanks for the info 😁

I agree with Mitchell, the faucet looks like other Eastman sillcocks online, and the handle style is the same, just different color.
The vacuum breaker kit on Amazon even has that same knurled texture on the chrome cap.

Back