Home Renovation - Complete Replumb Seeking Advice

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you run out of 1 1/2 pipe?

the arm to the lav. you have it as 2'',,it needs to be 1 1/2''

the clean out tee you are useing,,i'll draw you a sketch how to do that. using a tee, is not permited

that tee, you will NEVER get a snake to make that turn

2015-12-08_2323.jpg

Jackson, when you were fitting things together, did you take into consideration the difference once you use the glue?
Things will fit tighter together-- the joints will slide in more so you will end up with shorter lengths-- I think someone said to expect at least 1/4" difference, but I'm not sure what it is for certain.

Cool idea taping the fittings to existing pipe to help get the layout though. I never would have thought of that.

Frodo, what is an "ST" and what was the 22? I'm trying to familiarize myself with more of the terms.

The difference in UPC and IPC are interesting. I know in my state it uses IPC precursor, but they did reduce the length allowed for one of the pipe sizes down to 6' instead of 8' (I can't remember which one though).

welcome back, where the hell you been???? :D

st is abbreviation for street , which is a term used to describe a fitting that is both goesonta and a goesinta fitting as opposed to just a
goesonta on both ends

goesonta=female also know as hub, coupling, sleeve,fps [female pipe size
goesinta= male, street, spigot, mps [male pipe size]

22 is short for 22 1/2 , it is a fitting just like 90 or a 45 bt is 22.5 degrees

they are called, 22, 1/16th bend, same thing, one is a fraction the other is degrees
the term 1/16th comes from cast iron fittings

as does, 1/4 bend, 1/8 bend etc...

pvc is called in degrees 90,45,22

image of a 22 and a st 22

MPS-533215-8978__19743_std.jpg

opop.jpg

Jackson, when you were fitting things together, did you take into consideration the difference once you use the glue?
Things will fit tighter together-- the joints will slide in more so you will end up with shorter lengths-- I think someone said to expect at least 1/4" difference, but I'm not sure what it is for certain.

Cool idea taping the fittings to existing pipe to help get the layout though. I never would have thought of that.

Frodo, what is an "ST" and what was the 22? I'm trying to familiarize myself with more of the terms.

The difference in UPC and IPC are interesting. I know in my state it uses IPC precursor, but they did reduce the length allowed for one of the pipe sizes down to 6' instead of 8' (I can't remember which one though).

Thanks for explaining that Frodo! I've heard the term "street" before but never knew what it meant. Now I get it!
I've been having a lot of internet issues so I haven't been on as much lately. I didn't realize just how long.
The 22s always amused me when I was a kid. I always thought they looked like robot elbows for some reason.

Just to clarify what you said earlier-- if the trap is 2" then the trap arm has to stay at 2" until it merges with another pipe and then it can go larger (but it can never go smaller) right? But it can only go one pipe size larger at the transition?

Just to clarify what you said earlier-- if the trap is 2" then the trap arm has to stay at 2" until it merges with another pipe and then it can go larger (but it can never go smaller) right? But it can only go one pipe size larger at the transition?

yes., i believe so, if i understand

for hallowen, use no hub bands to be a robot

2015-12-08_2323.jpg

Latest posts

Back