Holding tank for rev

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

Bjh83

Reaction score
Hello all, new to this forum & have a few questions. I own a rural property that is too small for a septic system & I’ve been checking into a holding tank. My idea was to develop this property into seasonal RV (camper) lots to hold about 6 camper trailers. These would only be used during the weekends & for the summer season mainly May-August. The property is in Mo. and the county doesn’t have any codes pertaining to this. Rock is an issue, my max depth is probably 4’ deep. I do have access to equipment and experience operating equipment so, that isn’t an issue. I plan on burying the tank to prevent freezing and damage.
My questions are:
What size tank should I use to accommodate 6 separate RV’s or campers?
How often would it need to be pumped out?
Should I place a secondary tank for overflow out of first tank?

Any help would be appreciated, this is just an idea I thought of recently as the property is unoccupied now & could be serving a purpose as well as generating revenue. I already have well water & power on site.
Thanks in advance!

frodo

Just call me Macgyver
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right here right now, over there later on.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/polyjohn-ht01-0250-grey-250-gallon-holding-tank/621HT010250.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2efrBRD3ARIsAEnt0ejjFLeWamFSGSCnD1zZu-noEMzxt7y0xI4YuDQZJv20_L6DVTAoosoaAs-wEALw_wcB

I would try and position the trailers so that 2 of them could share a 250 gallon tank

you would need 3 tanks. ,and the pump out, depending on usage should only be seasonal

if the grey water is not drained into the tank,

If grey water is drained into the tanks, your pump out would be frequent