Hi! Mobile apps for plumbing businesses?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Siegel

Reaction score
Hi, there! I am working on a tool called Glide to make mobile apps for small businesses powered by spreadsheets. One of my first samples is for a local plumbing business in the Bay Area: https://www.glideapps.com/sample/plumbing

J1g3v6H.gif

I've spoken with a few small business owners who want a way to feature their positive reviews, stay in touch with customers, and in general have more control over their online business profile, so I thought a custom mobile app powered by a spreadsheet could be useful for this.

I'm looking for feedback from independent plumbers on the kind of features that would be desirable in an app like this, or whether the concept is even useful. We are working on form submission so that people can request appointments within the app.

You can see the app, and copy & customize it here: https://www.glideapps.com/sample/plumbing

Thank you for your feedback!

Lemme guess. The more the plumber pays, the more they will get referrals?

Seems exactly like Angie's List?

Lemme guess, another millennial trying to make another worthless app so he doesn’t have to go find a real job?

You guys like to guess! I had a real job, but I went into business for myself and I thought I could make something useful for you. I'm not sure why you're so bitter about it, I thought I was doing something you'd find interesting, sorry if you don't find it useful.

The idea is that custom mobile apps currently cost $100k to develop. I'm trying to bring that cost down to $0. Right now I'm searching for people who might benefit from creating their own apps, but currently don't create them because they are so crazy expensive and complicated.

The way Glide works is that it creates apps from spreadsheets. Do plumbers often use spreadsheets? Maybe to track inventory and job info? Maybe it would be good to have this on your phone?

Last edited:
Back