Hey Chris...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was about this time last year... Last fall/winter was a crazy time for me, and I didnt get to hunt anything at all... but THIS year... :) it is ON! :D

I have a friend who's dad farms about 800ac in the next county over from us, and he is gonna take me out there with him this year.

Question for you, the master-bow-hunter.. :) Can I get a quick opinion about these 2 climbing stands?

Gorilla Greyback $150
Gorilla Greyback Climber Climbing Treestand

Comfort Zone Stealth $100
Comfort Zone Stealth Climbing Treestand - Dick's Sporting Goods

I like the first one better but my stands are usually just a couple 2x6's nailed to some braches so either are better than what I use. I would go for the most comfortable since likely you will be sitting there for a while.

The Gorilla gets complaints for its seat and being narrow... I am 6'2" 195lbs, so I am a bit "narrow" myself...
The Comfort Zone is only available at Dick's, and the reviews over there are good, but very limited...

I have 2 other places that I am checking prices... if I can't get a great deal on a better stand, I will probably off $100 for a used Gorilla Greyback that is on my local CL...

Inside reference? Care to explain or should I find another thread?

Last year Brad was trying to get out and hunt but funds were tight and I had some extra Camo outfits here so I shipped them to him but he never made it out but now the funds are slightly better and he has an oppertunity to hunt and is going to put them to use now but now needs a place to put his but when sitting in the cold waiting for an animal to walk in front of him. Talk about a run on sentence and good luck finding a thread since it was on JF and I can't even remember which one it was. Oh and I kill things with a bow and arrow instead of a rifle (Real mans hunting) (Since it is not legal to jump on them and strangle them to death)

Thanks for that synopsis Chris... :)

I talked to my Dad yesterday about bow hunting and I want to get a deer this year with my grandfather's rifle... granted its an imported SKS, but still, it was his... and maybe next year I will try bow hunting. Great thing about bow hunting is the longer season...

Yeah, I don't plan on buying any stand until I get to sit in a few and see what is good and bad to look for...

And remember wood is cheap and you can build a sweet tree house if you have the time.

If this was my land, or my family's land, you can bet I would have already been out there building several treehouses to hunt from... something big enough to lay prone and comfortable with lots of padding. :)

Just get a walmart folding chair and duct tape it to a tree. I'd love to see that.;

Ok... I bought one today at lunch... a used one from Craigslist, and I only paid $45 for it... I KNOW its rough, and old, and basic, but it will get the same job done as the ones 3x-5x its price! i am gonna get some padding for the seat, adjustable footstraps, and paint it camo with green, dark green and brown... Should end up with about $65 total in it.

2010-09-14%2013.56.54_Memphis_Tennessee_US.jpg

Sweet for the padding you can always grab a throwable cushion made for boats and they come vinyl covered and are waterproof. They are about 10 bucks. They even have them in camo at places like bass pro shop.

Walmart has a camo one for $5... :) I was looking there last night, but only bought a couple of straps I will use for extra stability on the tree once I am in place... then I went home and tried out a shrub-camo with dark bronze over the green...

I like it, but will get some flat brown to do the rest of it. I know its not anything special, but 20' in the air... it ain't gotta be all detailed... :)

2010-09-15 07.20.54.jpg

2010-09-15 07.21.07.jpg

Oh and I kill things with a bow and arrow instead of a rifle (Real mans hunting) (Since it is not legal to jump on them and strangle them to death)

It is in Texas, in fact, it's encouraged.

Back