Hey all!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeppelin5000

Air Force Plumber
Reaction score
How's it going? Well, to tell you about myself, I'm a plumber in the Air Force. I'm an E6 and I've been in for over 14 years. We do interior and exterior plumbing including water, sewer, and gas. We are also merged with liquid fuels, basically dealing with the maintenance of pipelines, valves, etc carrying jet fuel. Something I'm not too experienced with since we recently merged into this career field.... I'd just rather deal with the plumbing part of things!

That's cool. New blood is always welcome here.

Stop in and share what you know.

I was a E5 in the Navy as a Hull Technician. '74-'79. When I got out a few yrs later I got into plumbing. Never soldered anything in the Navy . It was all copper-nickel pipe and everything was silver brazed.

USS Niagara Falls 001.jpg

Last edited:
welcome to the site. I was in the Air Force also. I was a B-52 crewchief. one day, It was my turn to man the coffee room.
as I was standing around being bored. A plumber showed up to install a water line for a sink

I was hooked, damn that big ole BUFF. when i got out. I got a job as a helper. that was 1978

welcome to the site. I was in the Air Force also. I was a B-52 crewchief. one day, It was my turn to man the coffee room.
as I was standing around being bored. A plumber showed up to install a water line for a sink

I was hooked, damn that big ole BUFF. when i got out. I got a job as a helper. that was 1978

Haha, we're always going to buildings around the base doing jobs like that. I never thought we might be inspiring someone lol. That's a pretty cool job tho to be a crew chief. We've had some B-52s come through here at Whiteman. We have the B-2 stealth bomber here.

Haha, we're always going to buildings around the base doing jobs like that. I never thought we might be inspiring someone lol. That's a pretty cool job tho to be a crew chief. We've had some B-52s come through here at Whiteman. We have the B-2 stealth bomber here.
crewchief aint nothing but a glorified gas station attendant

welcome to plumbing forums :D

smiley-hug010.gif

Last edited:
LOL. Good to see military people around. My father was in the Army. When we were stationed in Guam we lived on naval housing but shopped at the air force base exchange.

Back