Help with sharkbite install far enough?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be noted that copper, which is not a mineral but a metal, can corrode over time, while the very problem with modern plastics vis a vis waste is that it doesn't break down. The chlorine that you mentioned in drinking water is corrosive to copper as well, not to mention any acidity (pH 6.5 or below). So while the "shelf life" of copper might be high, that doesn't apply to installed copper exposed to the environment with water running through it. It depends.

copper is a mineral the actual element name of copper is CU
https://www.minerals.net/mineral/copper.aspx

copper is a mineral the actual element name of copper is CU
https://www.minerals.net/mineral/copper.aspx

You are confused sir. Copper as a naturally occurring element in rocks in the ground is called a mineral. When these rocks and ores are mined, the copper is extracted and formed into the metal we know as copper, which is what is used in copper pipes, the context of this discussion. Minerals are naturally occurring without human intervention, metals are man made.

Your link is sloppily worded, but note that it refers to "native copper". Native copper as it exists in the ground is a mineral. We mine that and turn it into the metal copper which is what copper pipes are made of.

The element copper as it exists in the table of elements as Cu is a metal.

On my last Alaskan cruise, I saw a bear crapping on the beach, next to the woods. Until I actually seethe bear do it in the woods, I will be skeptical.

I heard they crap in cars.

buddy of mine and his brother, went to Alaska on a 5 day salmon fishing trip
a Cessna dropped them off in the middle of bum f--- and said see you in 5 days.
they did real well catching salmon, till a big ole mean ass bear mugged them for the fish.
tore up the camp. crapped on what he did not break.
they said this went on for 5 days. was the most miserable time he ever had

Back