Help with plumbing for garbage disposal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptremblay

Reaction score
So I've been tearing my hair out over this for the past 2 days, buying all kinds of adapters that don't seem to find, and now I'm ready to throw in the towel and ask for help :)

Pipes from the wall: 1 1/2"
Sink drain: 1 1/4"

Here is what I tried so far, and I sincerely apologize for butchering all of the terms, hopefully you guys can make sense of what I'm saying

1 1/4" -> 1 1/2" elbow connector to connect to the GB drain
The 1 1/2" connects to a straight 1 1/2" pipe
Straight pipe connects to 1 1/2" tee hub
Then I have an elbow connector with one spigot end and one hub/socket end

Problem #1: I can't connect the hub/socket end to the house pipe using the nut, but I can't find a spigot/spigot elbow connector anywhere

Problem #2: I can't find a 1 1/4 straight pipe to connect the tee to the sink drain - should I be hooking it up to a 1 1/2" pipe and then use a reducer or a washer?

Any help is greatly appreciated

pdvk9Ue.jpg

I think your drain might be too high.
The fitting in the GD is in backwards but you'll probably have to use a straight tailpiece instead.
Here is what you're shooting for:

Attachments

• Kitchen drain with disposer.jpg
    Kitchen drain with disposer.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 8
Thank you! I didn't realize that the fitting in the GD was backwards! :) OK now I have a better idea of how it's all going to connect

Don't forget to punch out the hole if you are going to connect a dishwasher to it.

Latest posts

Back