Help with plumbing for bathroom remodel

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you need to do. is go buy a 4x4x2 sch 40 pvc combination wye and 8th bend. Also know as a combo
go get a 4x2 WYE and a 2'' fitting x hub 45 degree bend and 2 PROFLEX 4'' cast X 4'' plastic transition bands
remove the cast tee, and a piece of pipe. install the combo and a new pipe.
After the new combo in in place, install 2'' pvc. NOT 1' 1/2'' pvc, from the combo to the sink.

If you are feeling energetic, remove and replace every damn piece of cast you see under the house.
You have already seen it full of yuk. I imagine that is not the only spot...

I've been looking at the stuff and thinking about it and I really like the idea of replacing all of the pipe from the basement up to the bathroom with PVC.

So if I am doing that, I can decide to put the 2" sink line anywhere and am wondering if it makes sense somewhere else.

Please see this video:
Waste Decisions Video

I've been looking at the stuff and thinking about it and I really like the idea of replacing all of the pipe from the basement up to the bathroom with PVC.

So if I am doing that, I can decide to put the 2" sink line anywhere and am wondering if it makes sense somewhere else.

Please see this video:
Waste Decisions Video
Replacing any older drain with pvc makes sense and making any sink drains 2"is a great idea

I am not a big fan of drilling structural beams
If you have to drill the beam then do it in the center, use a bit slightly bigger than the pipe

just a thought. what is the ceiling height in this bathroom?
if it is a 9' ceiling build the floor up 3 1/2'' change the height to 8'8''

The height is 7' 6". The beams are huge and this is only a 1 story addition with just a light roof on top. It should be totally fine.

My biggest question right now is about the new location I proposed of the 2" going into the waste stack in the basement, under where the toilet comes in...see the end of the video... I feel like that will get the water moving with way more momentum before hitting the waste pipe, plus it is better to go into the waste pipe on a vertical than a horizontal.

Thanks!

Nice, thanks! Today I took back the 1.5 and got the 2".

Tomorrow I'm going to take pics of the poo line and go to the plumbing supply store and get all the parts for that. I didn't like the 4" stuff at Lowes and I don't think they had all the parts.

Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back