Help with older kohler

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNK051016

Reaction score
I recently bought a home built in 1989, the toilets and sinks are all grey colored Kohler, still in beautiful shape. We rebuilt all the insides, sorry for my lack of proper terminology. Is there anything we can get to improve how they flush? Like an insert of some sort like what they use at hotels. I’m a housekeeper at a hotel and we have these flushmate tank kits that flush super strong. My oldest son clogs toilets so bad and even worse with with these toilets. We’re currently looking to buy a “super flush” toilet to replace one of them for him to use but I’d really like to try and save these if possible. I’d really like to conserve on water also and have read about putting something inside the tank to conserve water but think that would make them flush even worse. Are they just too old and nothing can be done? Or is there any different kind of rebuild we can do to fix the weak flush issue? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
They make these flushmates that give a lot of flush power. They make them for Kohler but you will need to call them and see if one
of these will fit your tank. You can buy toilets with the flushmates installed. They flush like a commerical toilet in a place like walmart.
M-101526-F32_250.jpg

Flushmate tanks only work with specifically designed china. There is no retrofit available. Hate hate to say it but, buy a new American standard cadet pro and change it out. They flat out flush.

Latest posts

Back