Help with identifying Brand & Model

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phanski

Reaction score
Home was built in 1994, with original fixtures.
Can anyone help identify the brand of this shower/tub valve/handle from the pictures?
The handle cover was missing when we moved in. No labeling anywhere on spout or handle, etc.
A plastic part broke, so now handle is not anchored when pulled out to turn on water.

Easy fix if (1) the fixture can be identified, and (2) the part(s) can be found.

Other fixtures in home are either Kohler or Moen.

Thank you much.
-Henry

Attachments

• pict_1.jpg
    pict_1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • pict_2.jpg
    pict_2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Henry,
If you're not sure if it is Grohe, go to www.grohe.us.contact-us and send a support ticket with photos of yours. Explain what you explained above about the plastic breaking. They will tell you the model number of the valve and the part numbers for the items you need.

But...
Most likely, Lixil will give you the parts under warranty. Most Grohe items are lifetime of original owner.
Their Grohe division is good about not trying to wiggle out of warranty. Tell them you are the original purchaser. Create a "receipt" if needed. (A Grohe support person created one for me once when the owner could not find a receipt.)

Then, American Standard, who handles Grohe parts shipping, will send the wrong part a couple of times & finally the part you asked for...
(Lixil owns Grohe, American Standard & more.)

If you've no luck with Grohe warranty, type an internet search for just the model number. You might come up with lower priced options.

I hope this helps get it fixed quickly and inexpensively!
Paul

Paul, thank you for the info!
I'll call Lixil and check.
Already ordered the parts set (from Amazon, so returnable, if the warranty angle works out)
-Henry

Paul,
No dice :(
I called Grohe, and the nice fellow told me this is a wear-and-tear item and not a case of manufacturing flaw/issue.
The lifetime warranty applies only to the later.
Thanks again Paul. we tried.

Sorry to hear the warranty didn't work out. Those parts are expensive.
They've never denied me for a wear-and-tear item in years past. Perhaps since Lixil bought Grohe things are tighter. (Who knows?)
I hope your installation goes smoothly!
Paul

Paul,
No dice :(
I called Grohe, and the nice fellow told me this is a wear-and-tear item and not a case of manufacturing flaw/issue.
The lifetime warranty applies only to the later.
Thanks again Paul. we tried.
Call back a different person. Trust me.

Latest posts

Back