Help! What happened to this?!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you step back and take a picture a bit further back. So it's just concrete under this? Meaning this floor is on a slab

On a close up it almost looks like the part of the drain that supported the strainer cracked and fell apart.

It’s a walk in shower

Attachments

• 7DE45D84-0B8E-4A30-8753-A1D5B4831397.jpeg
    7DE45D84-0B8E-4A30-8753-A1D5B4831397.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
Is it made of vinyl flooring? And yes if that is a lower level floor with no access, this could be a hard fix

I don’t know what it’s made out of. There is a little slope that’s next to the right wall. It’s raised by the wall. Not too helpful sorry. I’m a single mom and no clue about how to explain this or much information about what things are made of. Thanks for the input.

It looks like a screw-in drain with the drain grill left in place to stop debris from falling in, I even think I see the black rubber gasket between the drain and shower base.

I'll guess the plumber hasn't been back to do the finish yet.

Last edited:
Explain your situation in more detail.

Are you renting?

Do you own this property?

Did you just buy it?

Did you recently have this shower remodeled?

More info is more better. 😬

Some jurisdictions require a secondary pan when using a cultured marble shower

Maybe we’re looking at an incomplete or broken one.......

I don’t know......

Without digging in its hard to know what's going on here. You need to call a plumber or someone determined.

I’ve owned my house for 12 years. Never had any issues with it. The drain was flush with the floor before. I tried to see if the drain would move if I used pliers and its stuck good. Where it looks black there is just the space, not a rubber gasket. I called a plumber and showed him a picture and he thought there is a secondary pan. He’s going to come by later in the week. I needed to go out of town.

Back