Help Programming my Fleck 5600

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessb_55

Reaction score
I purchased this unit about a year ago and I'm still getting relatively hard water after doing water tests. I tried changing settings on the dial however I'm not exactly sure I did it right.

The company I bought it from told me to basically line up the number of people with the hardness, however I've red several places online to not configure it that way, instead to configure it via a formula instead.

Also, what does the white dot on the dial mean?

There are 2 of us living here, with 1 full bath and one half. When I had Culligan out a couple years ago they told me my hardness was 17grains.

Thanks!

The 5600 has a back plate that comes off with two screws. Inside is a little gizmo with numbers on it. You want the pointer set to between 9 - 12.

On the front, forget the people. If your water is 17 grains hard and you have a one cubic foot softner (9" X 48" tank) it is capable of removing 36,000 grains of hardness before it triggers to backwash the following morning at 2:00 AM. So divide the 36,000 by 17 which gives you 2100. Because it can trigger 23 hours or so, before it actually backwashes, take 3 - 5 hundred off the 2100. Lets use 4 leaving you with a capacity of 1700 grains. Pull out on the center of the people dial and align the white dot with 1700. It's not all that easy, as the dial doesn't spin that easily, but it will with a bit of profanity.

A larger or smaller tank size will change the numbers somewhat. A 10" X 54" is considered a cube and a half, so just adjust the capacity accordingly. Mineral comes in 1 cu ft bags, so if you have one and a half bags, your capacity will be around 54,000.

Latest posts

Back