Help Please

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielgoans

Reaction score
Installed brand new faucet because i thought the old one was bad. When i hook up the water lines to the faucet i get no pressure. When i unhook them and put them in a bucket and run them they have extremely good pressure. But as soon as i hook them back up pressure drops to almost nothing??? Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Attachments

• 60660422_2276497262679060_5186401442050605056_n.jpg
    60660422_2276497262679060_5186401442050605056_n.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 27
Have you tried removing the aerator? If that's not it, you would have to remove the cartridge (after turning the water off) to look for some type of blockage. Once out, turn on the valves for a second to blow out any debris, but, be aware that you need to hold a cup upside down so the blast of water is directed into the sink.

I found the problem. Not sure what the part is or does but it came out and the water now flows freely and fast. It came from the plastic quick connect under the sink. Thanks to everyone for trying to help

Attachments

• C17D4D55-3566-4CE7-BDFF-606E48D68F36.jpeg
    C17D4D55-3566-4CE7-BDFF-606E48D68F36.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 6391401E-6FA1-42DE-B816-3CEAB9FD79C6.jpeg
    6391401E-6FA1-42DE-B816-3CEAB9FD79C6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
I think that's a "Diverter".

"The working end of the sprayer is contained in the faucet stem. Hot and cold water goes through the faucet controls into the spout from underneath. Inside the base of a spout that shares a water supply with a sprayer is a plastic fitting with a metal insert and a plastic collar called a "diverter."

How does the hose spray without that piece? Is water still coming out the faucet, as well?
You may need to replace that piece.

I think that's a "Diverter".

"The working end of the sprayer is contained in the faucet stem. Hot and cold water goes through the faucet controls into the spout from underneath. Inside the base of a spout that shares a water supply with a sprayer is a plastic fitting with a metal insert and a plastic collar called a "diverter."

How does the hose spray without that piece? Is water still coming out the faucet, as well?
You may need to replace that piece.

The water is coming out fine. Hot and cold water. It seems to be working normal

I believe that the question Diehard was asking was if the side sprayer worked properly with that diverted removed. In other words, when you 7se the side sprayer, ALL of the water should come out of the sprayer, and NONE out of the faucet. Is that how yours is working, or are you getting water out of both?

Mine Does not have side sprayer. It’s a pull down. And it worked fine when it’s set in place and when it’s pulled down to use as sprayer. I think with it removed I have way more pressure than I should. I just don’t turn it all the way on.

I would suggest calling the manufacturer and sending them a picture. Most faucets have great, and sometimes lifetime, warranties. I only use Men faucets. On the few occasions that I have had an issue, I call them, and in a day or two have whichever part I need delivered to my door. I believe most of the manufacturers operate the same way. You shouldn't have to accept the "workaround" of turning the valve partially off when spraying.

I found the problem. Not sure what the part is or does but it came out and the water now flows freely and fast. It came from the plastic quick connect under the sink. Thanks to everyone for trying to help
Might they have put that part in backwards when it was made??? Try flipping it over and see what happens.

Back