Help please, Shower too powerful !

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilligaf76

Reaction score
A friend had a new shower fitted along with a pump but they find it too powerful for them as the person that uses it is in his 80's and it actually hurts him what with his skin being very thin.

Its a Aqualisa ipx4 and I wondered if anyone can tell me if the flow rate could be reduced?

You need a flow regulator. Contact the manufacturer of the faucet and they will be able to get you the part.

Okay that sounds good to me, thank you I'll try and contact them:thumbsup:

While I wouldn't exactly say it HURT my skin, I did have to reduce the volume and pressure at my shower after a renovation on my master bath a few years ago. You see, the plumber was tired of call backs and removed all manner of flow restrictions from everything that served the head; he was getting too many (he was doing renovation plumbing for a remodeler) call backs from people used to a shower from the 1970s-1990s and suddenly faced with all this government mandated "low flow" stuff and thus complaining about not enough pressure.

So I got one of these: (actually I got a slightly different one, but @dilligaf76 I noted you were in the UK so this is from Amazon.UK)

KES Water Flow Control Valve Shut Off Valve Brass Shower Head Valve Regulator for Showerhead and Handheld Shower Chrome, K1140B-CH
by KES Home Global

Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HSWPYIG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_7MF1QASM861XVV8HY23T

Cheap, quick easy install, adjustable to the needs of the client. Couldn't be any simpler.

Last edited:
Yes I agree will Mitchell. After I put our new shower in and the first time my wife which she is short, complained about the water
hitting her to hard. So I installed one of these ball valves and now she can reduce the pressure if she wants. Everybody's happy LOL.

Back