HELP! Installing 100`+ new sanitary line!!!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how I was going to do but after reading above highlighted picture I think not.

1420187225362.jpg

Is this how they want it instead? After this contraption I have to fernco the 4" to 6" which will run to the main trunk line

1420187308543.jpg

Others may have a different understanding of what I read....

but in all honesty. if your sewer tie in is 8' and if you can run 4'' with out a bldg trap
if you run at 6' or deeper. I do not understand why you dont. the money you save in material alone will make itworth while

at 1/8'' per ft fall. 100' would =15''. if your sewer is 8' you would be 6' 9 '' at the house.

Last edited:
Around here we are supposed to lay our pipe at 2%. Anything less needs to be engineered. That will be pushing it for 6' of cover with an 8' tie in assuming the property is flat.

Does the city or district have a standard drawing they can give you that shows exactly what they want?

I have a feeling once you meet with the inspector you will find you went overkill in some way.

hold on there!!!! i since a big ole loop hole opening up

how deep is the sewer tap? you can run your sewer deep, then 45 up at your clean out

IN my opinion, i would not use sdr 35 I would ONLY use sch 40
sdr is thin wall, tends to oval/collapse

i am curious as to their rational of a trap but not if 6' deep. very curious

like a cat , curious. want answers curious

now its bugging me,

I wish that I had seen this post before to help this guy out. Guess it's too late now. It would have been best to call a licensed plumber for this job since Fox Chapel/O'Hara Twp. require total replacement if any defect is found in a terra cotta sewer during a deed transfer...and they condemn 99.9% of those sewers inspected. The misunderstanding during this part of the conversation is that if the trap is over 6' deep it has to be placed inside the home, not that it is no longer required, just that it has to be in the basement with the fresh air inlet piped to the outside. Since the OP is not the "bonafide home owner residing within the property" he would not be able to do the install and the main connection. The county and local plumbing inspectors for that area are fair, but hold firmly to the code.

Back