Help - install 'rubber seal/sweep' under framed shower door

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenzint

Reaction score
Problem: Hello. I need to reinstall the rubber seal under my shower door.

Situation: I cleaned my shower room due to mold buildup a year ago. In the process, the rubber 'seal' or 'sweep' came off. I left it off for many months, but today I am motivated to reinstall it back under my shower door. I'm not familiar with the plumbing terms, but I should be right calling it a 'seal' or a 'sweep'. I looked up youtube videos and googled my situation, but it's mostly about replacing glass/plastic (clear) sweep, and therefore irrelevant to me20200815_124711[1].jpg.

I'm sure I got the right hole under the door to put my rubber seal. I was confused previously. However, I don't have the right technique to put the whole seal under the door. Since it's been about a year, I don't remember where the seal should face for top/bottom direction. I'm pretty sure my guess is correct, however.

Please teach me the technique on how to properly install the rubber seal to the shower door.

They usually have to slide into the track from one side, looks like from the hinge side in your case.

Might need to clean out the groove, then put a thin layer of dish detergent on the sweep to help it slip in there.

Yours looks pretty shot, but you can get new ones.
However, there are many different profiles.
It helps if you know the brand of the shower door.
Happy hunting!

Wow! Thanks a lot. After following your advise, I was able to easily install the sweep from the hinge side. Before, I was brute-forcing in various ways.

Yes, I'll clean it more often from now on. It does look shotty and dirty in the picture, most likely because of my brute-force attempts, but since it's rubber and hasn't teared off, I think this is still as good as new to me.

You've sown good karma by helping me. Thank you. God bless!

Latest posts

Back